It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3008 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201
 Post subject: Re: Currently playing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:33 pm 

I got to level 20 in Borderlands and then got a mission to enable fast travel system. Seemed pretty late in the game but now it is throwing a lot of new areas and missions at me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:19 pm 

Sir Evilgeoff wrote:
I got to level 20 in Borderlands and then got a mission to enable fast travel system. Seemed pretty late in the game but now it is throwing a lot of new areas and missions at me.

Oh I love Borderlands, co-op on it is outstanding.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:58 am 

I guess you got to the level cap and/or aren't interested in some co-op? I think I got to 25 now and about to explore some area looking for moonshine for the guy who lives in a dump.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:26 pm 

I'm playing Resistance 3. It's a bit slow to get going but it's gotten reasonable. I'm guessing I'm about half way through and it's gone very Half Life 2.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:08 am 

Borderlands is on-hold while I try and get through Space Marine.

Also tried out Crimson Alliance XBLA game. I quite enjoyed it but not sure it can compete with the big run of games this month. If anyone else wants to buy it I'd be happy to play through with them.

If you haven't seen it the game is a dungeon crawler RPG where you choose from mercenary, assassin or mage characters and work together to slay some sort of mutated monkey creatures and solve puzzles.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:18 am 

Tackling Gears 2 on insane.

Christ it's got some poorly placed checkpoints.

3 hours solid and we didn't even get all of act 2 completed.. It's not like we weren't making any progress either.. it just goes on for ever.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:33 pm 

Batman: Arkham City

Loving it at the moment. It is a bit overwhelming as side missions seem to keep popping up while the main story is always pulling for your attention.

The Bat signal in the sky always points at whatever you set as your objective from the map view but by default will just keep pointing towards the next main story item.

I've played through a lot of the main story items and think I'm getting near the end, Batman is looking pretty banged up, but I took some time out from the main quest to explore a lot of the side missions I had been putting off. Some of these missions establish contact with the characters that aren't involved in the main story and so far include Riddler, Zsasz, Deadshot, Mad Hatter and Bane although some side quests only unlock when you get so far into the story. Other side quests can get equipment unlocked or add new abilities.

Having played through a lot of the main quests intending to clear up side quests later my top tip for anyone planning the same approach is to get the side quest at the church done as early as possible.

Last edited by Sir Evilgeoff on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
link not working

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:14 pm 

Sir Evilgeoff wrote:

Having played through a lot of the main quests intending to clear up side quests later my top tip for anyone planning the same approach is to get the side quest at the church done as early as possible.

I think I'm just doing that now.. got stuck in the underground last night and turned it off in frustration in the end.

I think I preferred the focus of AA.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3008 posts ]  Moderator: Staff Go to page Previous  1 ... 197, 198, 199, 200, 201